Style & Layout
The house is two stories with the living area, kitchen and terrace on the upper floor to maximize the views. The four en-suite bedrooms are on the cooler lower floor. The pool is elevated further and sits behind the house, again to maximize the views across the Adriatic to Hvar. The front door leads into the main living area, from here you can walk straight through to the terrace or turn right to the kitchen. From the main living area, stairs lead up to the gallery and down to the bedrooms and laundry room. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and doors leading to the lower terrace that is nestled behind olive trees.
Making the space work as a single home that would work well for a group of friends or an extended family gathering. There had to be enough space for people to spread out, but also the single open living/kitchen/terrace areas ensure that socializing around meal times brought everyone together. Perhaps oddly these days, there is only one TV in the house and it’s not that prominent. We wanted this house to be for people to reconnect and enjoy Bol, the lovely views from the terrace. The idea for the interiors was taken from the beach huts that you see in some UK coastal resorts.
Each room has under floor heating and the bathrooms all have small radiators. There is a wood-burning stove in the living room for the winter months and the hot water is from two solar panels. There is also air-conditioning in the bedrooms. The living room has a double height ceiling but like the rest of the house is white and calm. The ceiling beams are actually new, but treated to look old by the local carpenters. There is a large dining table on the terrace and also a separate dining area by the pool. The kitchen is compact but functional, it had to cater for 8 people, so is dominated by a range cooker and very large fridge! The bedrooms are cool & white, but kept very plain and simple. The wood theme is continued behind the headboard in each room.The terrace will be your favorite space in the house. It’s about 40sqm and has a separate sitting and dining area. Glass used as a balustrade so that the views are as un-interrupted as possible. You can see the top of Zlatni rat beach, plus all of the yachting and windsurf action below.
There is a 40sqm pool behind the house, which also has a dining area and kitchen next to the grill. This means that it’s possible to cook, eat and keep a watchful eye on the children whilst they are in the pool!
- Bedroom Suite 1 with super king size bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom Suite 2 with super king size bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom Suite 3 with super king size bed and en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom Suite 4 – children’s room with two double beds and bathroom
- Laundry room with washing / drying machines and ironing facilities
- Open space living room and dining room
- Completely equipped kitchen (oven, fridge freezer and all cooking utensils etc.)
- Small bathroom with a free standing bath
- Terrace with dining area
- High speed wireless Internet connection (WLAN)
- TV and iPod docks
- Separate space to work, read or rest on the day bed.
- Large terrace
- The garden (5,000 sqm)
- Outdoor solar heated swimming pool (8mx5m)
- High quality wooden Sun beds and casual tables
- Pool house, which contains a fully equipped kitchen
- Large wooden dining table
- Outdoor BBQ
Amenities & Guest services
Electricity, water, gas
Air conditioning heating and cooling in all areas and rooms
External Dining, Terrace and pool front furniture
Flat screen TV /DVD
High speed wireless Internet connection (WLAN)
Guest services included in daily standard rate:
Daily maid & cleaning